Tuesday 15 July 2008

Get Folksy!

I have now signed up for the new UK-based site for hand-made craft items, Folksy. It is only a few days old as yet so there are still many bugs and glitches to be ironed out but the people who run it are quick to answer any queries that may arise. When it is up and running properly it will be great to be able to sell my items in pounds sterling - something my UK friends cannot understand about Etsy is the need for me to list in dollars.

I did cause confusion by asking them if I can sell my foodstuffs, and for the moment the answer is "no" while they consider all the legal implications and come up with a well-thought out decision. So in the meantime I am just putting some of my crafts on there. I have only got a couple up so far but will be adding more over the next few days. Check out my shop here.



I haven't got any markets this week so am taking the opportunity to get stocked up on preserves -- yesterday I made over 60 lb of marmalade ( 3 different varieties of seville). As my lavender is about ready for picking, I think today I will get some lemons to make Lemon & Lavender Marmalade -- and possibly some apples for Apple & Lavender Jelly too.









Today is St Swithen's Day --and by tradition if it rains today it will rain for the next 40 days & nights! So far it is fine and reasonably sunny so fingers crossed we have a good summer! Apparently he got to be patron saint of the weather because his burial in Winchester Cathedral was delayed by extensive rain.

3 comments:

cutedesigns said...

Yes I'm hoping folksy will be a success. I get tired of having to explain why I list in $ all the time, lol. :)

Marilyn Miller said...

My oh my, how did you find me? Another Marmalady was a surprise on my blog this morning. How long have you been Marmalady? Did you visit my website?
Good to meet you.

Marmalady said...

Hi Marilyn
I found your blog through Google Alerts -- it tells me whenever you update your blog as well as any other occurrence of "Marmalady" on the web!
I have been "Marmalady" in several places for quite a number of years now -- and it is the name I sell my Cakes & Preserves under.